BACKSTREET OSAKA TOURS (OPEN 365/YR)
This Walking Tour Operates Every Day of the Year
5:30 PM to 8:30 PM
Meet us at Exit 1 of Daikokucho Station (top of the stairs)
Save Your Spot:
These are the incredible Backstreet Osaka Tours of the ghetto, retro zone, yakuza, redlight district, illegal gambling dens and the neighbourhood alleyways. During this tour you’ll do some taste testing at two different street stalls. Then after we finish exploring, you’ll be treated to a traditional meal & desserts at a local restaurant.
We strive to show you the authentic, underbelly of Osaka on this night tour, where you get a real and deep understanding of the inner workings of this amazing city visiting some amazing vintage architecture which is steeped in history & some run down, gritty, derelict areas too…not what Osaka Tourism wants you to see!
Get an inside look with our tour guide, Andy, who is half Japanese & half Australian. Andy has an extensive knowledge of the Osaka region and can answer all your queries on this walking tour.
These tours are rated No.1 on Trip Advisor in Osaka for “Walking Tours”, “History Tours”, “Tours” and “Food Tours”. It is our hope that this will be the highlight of your stay in Japan!! See some of the 400+ reviews on Trip Advisor below (Also we are rated in the top 25 most popular experiences in the whole of Japan too)
Featured on 6 newspaper articles, sites & magazines around the world (Australia to as far away as Poland)
Below a travel writer penned her experiences with us on a travel website.
Also, we have had a 2 page spread of a travel writer’s experience on Australia’s most sold newspaper (Sydney Morning Tour) after coming on our tour. See our website for more details.
We will show you the hidden gems that you would never find without us.
1. Night Ghetto walk: run down warehouse areas, quaint back streets & arcades
2. Learn about the Osakan night culture: off the beaten path best eateries & bars
3.Visit the dark, underground gambling dens: Majong, Go & Shogi
4. Take a glimpse at the lost homeless regions: respectfully & never staring.
5. Red Light district tour: witness a region controlled by the infamous yakuza
6. See bizarre & retro only in Japan establishments. Quirks & superstitions
7. Traverse the unmissable winding, narrow back alleys nearby Namba station
8. Set foot in Osaka’s most important, but unknown, shrine. Rituals explained
9. Discover and understand the runnings & loopholes of the pachinko palours
10. Visit and hear the background of love hotels & its impact on society
WANT TO JOIN OUR TOUR?
Time : 5:30pm-8:30pm
Meet up location : Daikokucho Station (top of the stairs of Exit 1)
Cost : ¥5,600 each for the night tour .
NOTE: You must prepay for this tour on: http://www.backstreetosakatours.com
(includes exclusive access & guidance to regions of urban osaka totally unexplored by tourists, a complete historical account of the visited areas, and taste testing of local food at 2 different street stalls .) There is a traditional dinner & desserts option as well. We believe you will be extremely satisfied. It is the only tour in Osaka to offer a money back guarantee!
PARTICIPATION FEE: 5600yen ( Includes: Night walk with a professional guide of more than 12 years, food at 2 different stalls, a deep non touristic look at the real Osaka)
CONTACT: If you have ANY questions pleaseeee ask me, Andy.